Seattle

Thursday, June 9, 2011




Headscarf: free from clothing swap
Necklaces: top one was $5 from antique shop, bottom one was $4 from Forever 21
Shirt: secondhand Hollie brand, $9 from consignment shop
Pants: secondhand J.Crew brand, $10 from consignment shop
Sandals: gift

These pants would be perfect for a sailor costume at Halloween-time. They're high-waisted, and they have nine buttons in front with laces in the back. When some friends of ours came over on Monday to deliver homemade bread (sidenote: homemade bread! nicest thing!), one of them noticed my pants and said they were the coolest pants he'd ever seen. So there you go: I own the coolest pants. No big deal.

Assuming that I can make the publishing schedule work correctly, this post will go live on Thursday, at which point Craig and I will be in Seattle visiting some family. The Pacific Northwest is just the coolest area in the world, as far as I'm concerned, so I'm really excited to take this trip and explore Seattle a bit. Anyone out there in Seattle? Tell me so and tell me where to visit.




My dad's cousin Wendy just opened up an antique shop in St. George, so I stopped in for a spell while I was around for my brother's wedding. I came away with three pairs of earrings and this littler necklace, which is made from genuine turquoise and sterling silver. Turquoise is really cool, in my opinion. I actually insisted I'd have a turquoise wedding ring all through my childhood. That didn't happen (I eventually set my sights on a sapphire wedding ring instead), but I continue to love turquoise jewelry with a passion.

The Plinky question for today: "What are you most proud of achieving so far this year?" Actually, the answer to that is related to the trip I'm taking right now. Earlier this year, Craig and I decided to move to Seattle, and we've been taking increasingly significant steps to make that happen. I'm proud of this achievement mainly because this decision is so much gutsier than any we've made before, together or separately; we don't have a solid plan for what will happen when we get to Seattle. However, it feels like the right decision, especially with all the money we have saved, and we figure we've gotta start the post-college part of life somewhere, so it may as well be in the place where we really want to be, and that's the Northwest. I'm really proud of how Craig and I have been working together on this and providing each other with all the encouragement and reassurance we need. We're moving at the beginning of August and have a childlike excitement about the whole thing. Believe me: there's lots of giggling in my house these days.

3 comments:

  1. I love Seattle! My husband and I spend a day there every summer on our way to Orcas Island. Shopping secondhand, great! View from Queen Anne Hill, beautiful! Quirky sights in Freemont, fun! Have a wonderful! Won't regret anything you choose to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i hope it's as beautiful in seattle as it is in portland this weekend! i lived in seattle during college and absolutely loved it...i agree with Keri, the view from Queen Anne is so nice.
    as for your outfit, it made me want to run out and immediately find a pair of similar pants to copy this look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I hope you had fun here (or are still having fun if your'e still in Seattle...). I'm a Seattle gal and love my emerald city so much. There are a million great places, but if you go anywhere you should visit Capitol Hill, most notably Oddfellow's for lunch or brunch and then Everyday Music for the best collection of new and used music in the city. That's my 2 cents ;)

    Lindsay Living

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut