A Lifetime of Favorite Songs: "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My quest with this series is to look back over my life and remember all the songs that would have been my favorite at any point along the way. It's a tall order, and I'll probably fall short, but we'll listen to some good tunes in the attempt. 



This song reminds me of the best concert I've ever been to. The night before finals week started (December, 2006), a group of girls in Southern Utah drove to a tiny venue in Salt Lake City to watch Imogen Heap play a lit-up piano. It was hot and stuffy in that club. Imogen was somehow a crazy hippie and a proper English lady, simultaneously. And of course, she threw her voice around with technology in songs like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut