Did I trick you? Did you believe me? The truth is that I still have areas where procrastination gets the best of me. That Questar bill is always paid a few days late, for example, and I will put off doing dishes until there's no more clear counterspace. It's how I roll. For the past two weeks, I've been procrastinating this very blog post. Cassandra at Peachy Keen gave me the Stylish Blogger Award, and as its humble recipient, I'm supposed to follow suit by posting some quirky factoids about myself (seven of them, to be precise). Without further stalling and no more ado, here you have it:
1. I use boy deodorant. Arctic Force from Old Spice is my current love.
2. I had braces for EIGHT AND A HALF YEARS. Ridonkulous, isn't it? I had the top set taken off after two years (so, when I was fourteen-ish) and was told I'd get the bottom set removed the following month. After returning month after month after month, always getting the same line about "we'll get those taken off next month," I eventually just stopped going. I was moving away for college at this point, and I figured my orthodontist was a creepy old sadist who was never going to finish the job, so I'd just enlist the one-time help of some other orthodontist who would get rid of the brackets and wires. Turns out that no other orthodontist was willing to help (liability, against the rules, blah blah blah). Anyway, I finally went back the summer of 2008 (heading into my senior year of college, mind you!) and wouldn't leave until I was metal-free. Fwuhbam.
3. I have a girl-crush on Natalie Portman. But really, who doesn't?
4. The show "Toddlers & Tiaras" makes me want to punch my TV. In response to the advice to just not watch it if it bothers me so much, I'll say: I don't watch the show itself, but the commercials are tough to avoid. It just makes me sad for those kids, upset with those stage parents, and confused at the world we live in.
5. I've never had a broken bone, stitches, or a cavity.
6. My husband proposed to me in a room full of balloons.
7. My anytime, fail-safe feel-good movie is "Hot Rod." Having a bad day? Turn that sucker on.
Now, as part of the responsibilities of the award, I'm supposed to pass it on to ten other deserving bloggers. These are some of my absolute favorites, and if they've received the award previously, well, then ... sorry. I'm not trying to duplicate, but it might happen anyway. And hey, if you haven't seen these blogs before, I highly encourage you to check them out.
These ten are now called upon to write their own lists of quirkiness and then pass the honors on to ten more bloggers. They can choose to accept the award, ignore it, or procrastinate these duties into oblivion. Whatevs.