Flickr? I Don't Even Know'r!

Monday, May 23, 2011




Headscarf: Eddie Bauer, $10
T-shirt: Old Navy, $8
Other shirt: Gap, $5
Denim leggings: gift from my mom
Shoes: secondhand Polo Ralph Lauren brand, $12

Earlier today, I emailed Kirstin at Crimson Rosella and Tieka at Selective Potential to get their advice about how to improve the picture quality on ye olde blog. They both got back to me really quickly and were such sweethearts, and as it turns out, they both suggested the same thing: Flickr. Flickr is an image-hosting/image-sharing website that I've known about for a long time, but I've never used it much. For this blog, I've just relied on Blogger for my image-hosting needs by uploading them to the post directly. Since Kirstin and Tieka both recommended this course of action, I deemed it worth a try, and so far? So good. All I had to do was create an account on Flickr (free), upload my images there, then get the link locations for use in the actual post.


Since it has been exceedingly cloudy and dark in my town lately, I also messed around with some settings on my camera to allow for longer exposure time, which equals more light. I'm learning all kinds of goodness today.

So, fellow bloggers, take this Flickr suggestion and run with it. That's straight from me to you. Another piece of free advice: if your blond roots are becoming more and more evident, making you appear more and more bald with each passing day, a scarf wrapped 'round your hairline is an easy fix. And you look very bohemian by accident.

5 comments:

  1. Yay it looks awesome! I love the brick wall as a background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally lol'd when I read your post title. And maybe I will try this Flick'r. Does it make loading the pics easier?

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flickr! I actually got into fashion blopgging via flickr - I used it like a social network and participated in the wardroberemix group for three years before starting the blog. I'm not so active any more but I still get all the pictures I use for the blog that aren't mine from there. Yup, I'm a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wear the best head scarves! I get immediate pin-head-complex when I wear a head scarf. I need to just suck it up, though, because you make it look SO cool!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut