Froofy Bow Time

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Let's just call this what it is: a serious, professional, uber-mature power suit.

Oh, wait, I'm wearing a ratty seven dollar sweater and a froofy bow shirt, so maybe it's more on the "business casual" side of things.

Earrings: Icing by Claire's, $4
Shirt: Norma Kamali brand, $6 (thrifted)
Sweater: gift from my mom
Belt: thrifted, $2
Pants: Kohl's, $20
Boots: Naturalizers brand from Famous Footwear, $40 (originally $150 - not bad!)

The first time I wore this sweater, it bled all over the white shirt I wore underneath and stained it purple. In the hopes of avoiding a similar mishap today, I hand-washed it three times and then dried it thoroughly. Fingers crossed that my shirt won't have purple armpits by the end of the day.

This was an outfit where it felt like everything just fell into place. Picking the right shoes was a struggle, until I remembered that boots can be worn UNDER pants, not just over them. Funny how I forget that so often. Bonus: the black pants and black boots gave the illusion of a longer leg-line, so I felt mucho taller.

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut