Merci, Adorable French Kids

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Last week, I saw the movie Persepolis for the first time. It's a French animated film, completely fantastic, and as I was watching it, I could not stop cooing over the adorable voice of this young girl. Just listen.


Arghh! So sweet! In the midst of this politically gripping story, this precious little French voice made me smile repeatedly. I was sure that the filmmakers hired the most adorable French girl in existence to fill this role. Surely, cuteness of this level wasn't common.

But hark! Check this out! There's another!


I melt.

Do kids like this just grow on trees over there? Are you kidding me right now? It must be something about how the language and these teeny voices combine. I love her imaginative skills as a storyteller, but even if there were no subtitles in that video, I could just listen and fall apart with love. Garsh.

I know I failed French in college, and my husband - though fluent - hasn't lived in France for many years, but can we please have French babies? ... Please???

2 comments:

  1. We all need a French-speaking child. No doubt. My husband served his LDS mission in the French countryside, and he says it was the absolute hardest thing to not just cuddle the dickens out of the little girls and boys. CUTE CUTE CUTE! =)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut