Sunday's Outfit

Monday, January 31, 2011

Earrings: honeymoon gift from husband
Ribbon necklace: made it
Bead necklace: Wal-Mart, $5
Cardigan: Old Navy, $15
Sweater: Gap, "borrowed" from husband
Skirt: Penguin by Munsingwear brand, $15 (secondhand)
Leggings: Wal-Mart, $3
Socks: TJ Maxx, $4 for 2-pack
Boots: Laredo brand, $1 (thrifted)

I have never in my life taken anything to be dry cleaned. When I came across this "dry-clean only" skirt in my laundry pile, I thought, "Why start now?" I threw it in the wash, and while the results weren't too disastrous, the length did shrink a bit. Looks like it will only be worn with tights, leggings, or a long slip from now on. Which, when I think about it, kinda bums me out. Lesson learned: don't risk ruining a favorite piece just because you're feeling lazy.

In other "items that are no longer perfect" news, check out my necklace.

BEFORE




AFTER



After a careful investigation of all of today's pictures, I believe the broken strand originated at this precise moment:

As you can see, I (unintentionally) grabbed hold of my necklace while jumping. Not smart. Fortunately, the necklace (which I just bought a few days ago) only needs a simple repair.

Only one more day of dressing before the 30x30! I feel the need to wear all of my non-30x30 items at once, just because I won't be able to wear them for an entire month. We'll call it Bag Lady Chic.


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so sorry your necklace broke. I don't recommend that you stop from jumping thought!
    In other news, love the color combo you have going on it's fantastic! Can't wait until you start remixing tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the love on my blog girl! I am pretty much super obsessed with this outfit its so Rainbow Brite fab!!

    ~Morgan

    MEET VIRGINIA DESIGN

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, it's too bad that necklace broke. i love your mix of colors. chartreuse looks so good on you!

    cute and little
    come join the Color Brigade!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut