Second Skin -- Second Rate

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ready, set, here I go with my first outfit post.

This look is a second-rate version of something I saw on Second Skin (a style blog that I absolutely love). Not having a fur stole, lace-up boots, or an Indiana Jones hat at my disposal, I did the best I could and came up with this - somewhat boring, but comfy, flattering, and practical (and a step-up from the pajama pants I spent yesterday wearing).

Jacket: gift from my mom (purchased at Ross)
Green scarf: Van Heusen, $7 (purchased four years ago with employee discount)
Necklace: Icing by Claire's, $8
Black shirt: ModCloth, $22
Cream sweater: Old Navy, $10 (purchased on sale and with coupon)
Belt: vintage (belonged to my mom)
Jeans: Gap brand from Buffalo Exchange, $4 (thrifted in Las Vegas, 2008)
Black boots: 6pm.com, $60

It's a lesson I have to re-learn over and over again: getting dressed and leaving the house work WONDERS for my mood.

By the by, definitely go look at Second Skin. This woman has style to spare. Here are a few favorites from her archives (including the highly-superior inspiration for today's outfit):

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut