Today's Hits, Yesterday's Favorites

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

TWO outfits today! What a fun experiment. I got a passel of new readers yesterday, so I'm just riding that high and feeling like I can do whatever the heck I want. And today, what I want is to show what I wore today AND yesterday. I also want to dance.

Today:

(Told you I wanted to dance.)

Blue and white striped sweater: Heritage brand, $0.56 (thrifted at Junk In My Trunk in Spanish Fork, Utah)
Red ruffly tank: Forever 21 brand, $6 (secondhand at Uptown Cheapskate in SLC)
Necklace: made it myself
Leather belt: literally found it on the ground
Wide-leg jeans: Old Navy, $25 (on sale)
Brown heels: Nine West brand, $1 (secondhand at Provo yard sale)

This is me embracing my goofy side. My husband and I have been on a cleaning blitz over the last few days, and while I was organizing my closet (it looks great, by the way) and listening to Flight of the Conchords via iPod, I thought, "Hey, I'll set up the camera and take outfit pictures whilst I dance! It'll be quirky and adorable." These are the results; judge for yourself.

I'm kind of branching out from one of my personal style rules, which is to emphasize my long torso as much as possible. I almost never tuck tops into jeans, but it was the vibe I liked today.


Yesterday:

Green scarf: Van Heusen, $7 (with employee discount a few years ago)
Necklace: gift from my mom (pretty sure she made it, that crafty lady!)
Grey sweater-vest: made from an Old Navy sweater, which I bought for roughly $20
White sweater: Van Heusen, $12 (with employee discount a few years ago)
Pink pants: Necessary Objects brand, $0.56 (thrifted at Junk In My Trunk in Spanish Fork, Utah)
Brown loafers: Cole Haan brand, $2 (thrifted at a Salvation Army in Chicago)

These pink pants - oh, these pink pants. Aside from my very expensive (and totally worth it) Guess jeans, I think these pants may fit me better than any other pants I've ever owned, which is especially great considering that I didn't try them on before buying. They're also inordinately comfortable and fill my Kendi Everyday-inspired wish for pink/red pants to wear with boots. Huzzah.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog, and for your kind note! It's nice meeting you, and I look forward to learning more about your style! I'm interested in the ways you've embraced and celebrated your long torso: as a long-torsoed, shorter-legged gal, I've tended to shy away from looks like this, but I love some of these, which give you a really long, lean line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, S.! I have to confess: shortly after taking those pictures, I untucked. Just couldn't stay away from my comfort zone, I guess. But for the nano-seconds that I kept the top half tucked, I liked the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some pink pants myself. The fella always scuffs when I wear them - probably because I never know what to wear up top. I like what you wore. Maybe I'll steal it?
    Also, I love the first outfit. The stripes under the bright sweater? Yes, please!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linda! Yeah, casual pants that aren't white, blue, black, or gray are kind of hard to work with, at least for me. I'll have to play around a bit to see what works, because no WAY I'm letting these babies languish at the back of my closet. I want to wear them as much as possible, at least through what remains of winter! I hope to see your pink pants make an appearance in the near-ish future.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut