30x30: Birthday Girl

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

30x30 ITEMS
Dress: Shade, $10
Red tank top: Forever 21 brand (secondhand), $7
Boots: Laredo brand (thrifted), $1

ACCESSORIES REPORT
Shell necklaces: gifts
Right-hand ring: gift from mom
Slip (under dress): thrifted, $2
Tights: Betsey Johnson brand via TJ Maxx, $6 for 2-pack
Socks: TJ Maxx, $5 for 2-pack

This is the what I look like on the day I'm turning 24. Happy birthday to me! I'm basking in a day that is mostly normal (still gotta work, still gotta eat), but also a little bit special in the best of ways. For one thing, my husband has the day off, so we get to spend buckets of time together, and for another, that same wonderful husband gave me a wonderful present.


Slick city. Craig has been so supportive and enthusiastic as I've started this blog and worked to get it off the ground, and he thought a camera upgrade was in order. This should result in higher-quality pictures for you to enjoy, though I'm sure I'll have to play around with settings and such to really find out what this bad boy is capable of.

FYI: he actually bought the camera secondhand, at the Unclaimed Baggage Center in Alabama (during a cross-country road trip with his brother). A secondhand camera? Same product, better price? He's a man after my own heart. And today, he indulged me by taking all of the pictures himself (instead of leaving me to work with the tripod). I've said "thank you" about a thousand times already, but one more can't hurt.

Thank you, Craig. I love you. And I'll get you something good for your birthday. Promise promise.


As for my outfit today: I thought I'd indulge in the color-blocking concept that's gaining traction out in the land of fashion design. If you're keeping track, you'll notice the same blue dress that made a double-appearance yesterday. Laundry is not a birthday-appropriate activity. That's my motto.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you on the new camera, my dear! Although I absolutely love my camera, the Rebel is on my future wants list. These are some great photos and I am loving your new blog header! How gorgeous is that?!

     Lindsay Living

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut