30x30: Cheapest of the Cheap

Friday, February 4, 2011

30x30 ITEMS
Red top: Forever 21 brand (secondhand), $7
Striped top: thrifted, $0.56
Jeggings: gift from mom
Boots: Laredo brand (thrifted), $1

ACCESSORIES REPORT
Necklace: gift from mom

This entire outfit cost less than $10. Fwuhbam (that's my superhero sound - trademarked). And I happen to know that my mom got the jeggings from Ross AND made the necklace herself (isn't she cool?), so even if those prices are factored in, I imagine the total is less than $20.

When I found this patterned blouse at a thrift store, it struck me as a fun layering piece (as well as something that could be used on its own). This is the first time I've actually worn it. Looking at the pictures makes me think that I should perhaps shorten the sleeves, maybe to a few inches above the elbow, just because the sleeves are so voluminous right now. Thoughts? Should I shorten them or no? Doing so would definitely make this a favorite summer-y top, perfect with cutoff shorts and sandals. ... I think I just convinced myself - short sleeves it is. If you have strong objections, make it known in the comments.

Also, my love affair with these boots is only increasing in intensity. I found them at the same thrift store as the shirt (for a dollar! still can't get over my luck), and the shop-owner called me "Cinderella" when I brought them up to the counter; apparently the boots had been sitting on the shelf for quite a while, just waiting for the right feet to come along. Luckily, those feet were mine. Sometimes it feels like the universe really cares about what I wear, so it makes the planets align to give me little presents.

3 comments:

  1. i'm torn about shortening the sleeves--their voluminousness is absolutely, for lack of a better word here, charming. but they'd look good shorter, too. hah! so helpful, i know. the print is awesome, and especially layered with that red number. annnnnd (i'm sounding like a stalker here, having basically memorized every part of your outfit...i promise i'm not a creepy person!) i.love.your.boots. LOVE them.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow remixer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your boots!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
    Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being cheap...especially when cheap looks as awesome as you look in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut