30x30: Last Two Items & First Outfit

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30x30 ITEMS
Striped sweater: Banana Republic, $25
Red floral dress: handmade (thrifted), $4
Vintage prairie boots: Laredo brand (thrifted), $1

ACCESSORIES REPORT
Earrings: Wal-Mart, $3
Necklace: vintage hand-me-down from mom
Belt: vintage hand-me-down from mom
Socks: both pairs from TJ Maxx, $4-ish total

I'm not a very organized person in most situations, but for whatever reason, I've been really nutty about planning this whole 30x30 remix thing. Sitting in my hot little hands is a comprehensive list of the 30 outfits I'll wear over the next month, complete with tally marks showing how many times each item will be worn. I know, I know - I'm ruining the whole spontaneous vibe by being so structured with this. The one area where I am keeping things spontaneous is WHEN I'll wear each look. That all depends on how I'm feeling on any given day. I decided to start with this outfit because it incorporates the two pieces that were late additions to my 30: this striped BR sweater and red dress.

The sweater is a favorite and  has been buried in my hand-wash-laundry pile since May, so once I had it all freshened up, I knew I'd want to wear it as much as possible before the weather gets warmer.

This dress is one of my all-time most memorable thrift store finds. It was clearly handmade by its previous owner, and I picked it up at Buffalo Exchange in Las Vegas. The pattern is incredibly simple and really versatile as well.

I always feel really nostalgic when I wear things handed down from my mom. This necklace is actually something she received when she was a little girl, and she passed it on to me once I was old enough to take care of my own jewelry. This past Christmas vacation, I found it in an old jewelry box and was so happy to have it in my life again! Transports me right back to childhood.

Do you have any treasured items from family members?

9 comments:

  1. I love your boots. Such a great find for $1.00.

    Half of my jewelry came one of family member or another, my mom, both my grandmas, my great aunt, a cousin. It definitely makes it more special that way. Also included in my 30 for 30 is my mom's original Fleetwood Mac concert tee, which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pattern mixing! Thanks for the sweet words over at my blog :) I would wish you luck in this challenge, but it looks like you've got it in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the stripes with the print and the opposite colours. A great start to the 30 for 30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find on those boots! I love your belt, as well! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah i LOVE LOVE those boots! And all your other pieces! You did such a great job with the pattern mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super mix! I just thrifted a sweater very similar to yours. I love your colors in your picks!

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. I have a similar print vintage red dress that I was toying with getting rid of but you are making me think twice about that....

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your striped cardigan. i have a coin necklace and tortoise shell bracelet that was passed down, which i love....

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut