30x30: Double Up

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

30x30 ITEMS
Blue dress: Shade, $10
Skirt: New York & Company brand (secondhand), $12
Boots: vintage Marc Alpert brand (via Etsy), $38

ACCESSORIES REPORT
Hat: found it
Shorter necklace: made it (secondhand chain from sister-in-law, rings from years of gumball machines)
Longer necklace: Family Dollar, $3
Belt: found it
Knee socks: TJ Maxx, $4

This dress (which I'm wearing here as a shirt) is the final unworn item in my 30x30 picks, so from here on out, it's all deja vu. And that sense of "haven't I seen this before?" is off to an early start:

30x30 ITEMS
Blue dress: Shade, $10
Boots: vintage Marc Alpert brand (via Etsy), $38

ACCESSORIES REPORT
Lace necklace: local vendor, $10
Knee socks: TJ Maxx, $4
Messy hat hair: all me

This is what I wore to church on Sunday, when I was too absorbed with family to take pictures. I love this dress for (a) having pockets, (b) its flattering shade of blue, and (c) being one of the rare pieces in my closet that doesn't need anything extra. It's a complete outfit in itself, so I figured I may as well honor that fact and just keep it simple.

5 comments:

  1. I love how you put the skirt over the dress. How very awesome! Both looks are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices for the challenge. Another great tip for the next remix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful dress! I'm obsessed with skirts and dresses that have pockets. And you are so right, it looks great alone and under a skirt. Nice work!

    Fellow remixer and Mormon fashion blogger:
    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #18! That whole look is very cool. :) And what a great way to remix that dress. It looks fabulous both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing this a bunch lately where bloggers are layering skirts over dresses to change the look. It's really getting my wheels turning, but I'm wondering.... is it comfortable for all day wear? Any tips?

     Lindsay Living

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut