30x30: Moisturizer and Lipstick

Thursday, February 3, 2011

30x30 ITEMS
Sweater: Gap brand (thrifted), $4
Jeans: Guess brand at Buckle, $92
Loafers: Cole Haan brand (thrifted), $2

ACCESSORIES REPORT
Big ol' scarf thing: Capezio brand (secondhand), $12
Belt: thrifted, $2

I'm sick. I didn't put on real clothes until 4:00 today, and if it hadn't been for this blog, I wouldn't have even done that much. Plus, my husband left for North Carolina today (he's helping his brother move cross-country), so there's no one home to care for me! Call the waambulance, and while you're at it, tell the paramedics to bring me some soup.

Whenever I read those little how-to articles in beauty magazines, the resident expert says that when you're feeling too rundown to go all-out on makeup, you should stick with moisturizer and lipstick only. It's supposed to give the impression that you made an effort. Well anyway, I took their advice today, and I think there's something to it. I officially endorse that piece of advice for the rest of you: count on moisturizer and lipstick.

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya. I'm super sick and feeling miserable. I put on barely any makeup today and only made it through my Friend Friday post. I don't have the energy to put up my outfit photos tonight but I have to give myself a rest. I hope that you're feeling better soon, and thanks for the tip on the moisturizer and lipstick!
    http://lindsayliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the belted scarf look! i need to pull out that trick here soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut